Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ceramic Handwork

My hands is on my laptop 9-13 hours a day! Just can't take it anymore...so, I decided to take a break at a potter's house. I paid RM55 to sit on the wheel and started kneading on wet clay. WOW! the sticky cold and soft feelings on my finger was nice. I also throw some punches on it. This is how I released my tension. My life is just like this wet clay in a potter's hands...just as I am....soft by nature, potential in everything, cold and selfish but can be easily form into any beautiful object as the potter wish.

hmmm...how can I make my RM55 worth RM Million?! When I was a kid, I like to store sweet sugar cane juice into a vase and put it on my garden. I will wait for hours to watch ants crawling into the vase and it also attract butterfly & dragonfly too...ahah I've got an idea!

Since I've got time, I'll make a vase with dragonfly sipping sweeties on top of it. To make the vase with dirt ground color, I'll mix glaze potassium feldspar+silica+kaolin+calcium carbornate+zinc oxide. For max terracotta inlaid texture, I will put into a closed door furnance two times between 800C~1200C for 17~19 hours.

See my masterpieces -->

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for 55 ringgit it is worth it & maybe i should also try my skill and see if i can make a fortune out of it...buatan malaysia

Anonymous said...

Kian Yap

Your vase looks lovely. Well done!

Siew Mei

Anonymous said...

This is amazing and very skillful. How do we make order ??