Saturday, July 12, 2008

fund raising by Christian artists


....do you know there are many kids in KL living without parental love? Kids in KL struggling without money to go to school? Kids in KL without proper food! Kids in KL are neglected!

I roam around KL and just cannot believe what I discovered. Like many cities around the world...kids in KL are not spared. So, I contacted a buddy in UK. I told him that we can do something for the kids in KL. Without hesitation, he gave me his support.

I have a passion to exhibit art. So, we quickly organized a charity art exhibition by inviting Christian artists to contribute their painting to raise fund for KL kids.

Our initiative started with only 5 participating artists but now we have 10 artists and 1 potter! Artists are Filipino, Korean, Indonesian and Malaysian. What is my art gallery going to look like?

I have a exhibiting floor space of 3,200 sq ft, will this fit? Will it look like 'pasar malam'?

Want to know more? Tell you about it after July 19th... Hey, why not you come to see it for yourself

7 comments:

AudreyKok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AudreyKok said...

I was actually browsing and accidentally discovered that my husband created a blog

Without hesitation, I commented his blog but then I was fickle minded and deleted my comment

Why? I thought it would not be fair for outsider to know how well I praise him. On second thought, I'll do it again but later

WAHM said...

You are right, Audrey - why should you hesitate to comment on your good husband's blog - he deserves the recognition!

Bro Kian - if your gallery looks like pasar malam, it will be a creative one then. Well done on the blog - keep posting!

kianwrite said...

Hi Doris,

Next time, I'll get a photographer to take Clayton's photo 'coz he really has got character on photo. Thanks again for putting my gallery on your blog

bokjae said...

Congratulations kian, not only starting a blog but using Art to raise funds for poor dis in our own city! Kudos! Will do some buzz for the Art Exhibiton on my blog too!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Hello Bro Kian, i came from bro bokjae's blog! Wishing you all the success in your "pasar malam"! :D Take care & God Bless!

Jean Chia

Anonymous said...

Great, one Saturday i visited Dunis Seni Lukis Art Gallery after reading the article in Star news paper. The art was simply superb and some of the painting really touched my heart. Wishing you all the best success.

Chella, KL.