Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dining in a Malay Home


I eat out most of the time. I'm easy with food but it must taste homecook. My colleague, Cik CT, invited me to dine at her house near Zoo Negara. She lives in a typical bangalo rumah melayu (Malay house) type. Those typical home build with half cement wall on the ground floor but with half wooden structure on the first floor and with zinc roof.

It's a big house and very beautifully decorated with strong rumah melayu ambience. They don't have modern IKEA sofa. The cupboard in her living room are those '60s design and some paintings hanging on the wooden wall are of old & black woody frame. There is a long carpet in the living room. That's where I sat and dinner was served!

We all have different taste bud. Cik CT's family would be delighted to welcome your reservations.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good info...suggest once a week Kak CT will cook lunch for all office staff...tapi mesti bayar la....

Anonymous said...

How do I contact Cik Siti? Are you sure her homecook is YAM!YAM!? it better be delicious!

bokjae said...

Today is already 26th of July!!!! It looks like you must be busy leh! No posts for 3 days!!! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic....Cik Siti can be my chef for my birthday party !!

Lee

Anonymous said...

We love Malay food, will definitely bring my family and friends to taste Kak Siti's cooking. By the way how do we contact her ??.

Chella, KL

kianwrite said...

Hi Chella, you can contact Kak Siti's tel 9281-6868. Where do you go for good malay homecook food?